The Public Works Department is made up of a team of educated and experienced individuals that looks to service and better our community at its base; the roads, public buildings, and environment.
The Public Works staff are responsible for the regular maintenance around our First Nation, which includes:
- Summer Yard Care/Winter Control for ALL Public Band Buildings and Locations
- Assisting in ground preparation for our Annual Pow Wow
- Preparation for Solidarity Day Festivities
- Cemetery Preparation/Funerals
- Water/ Sewer Maintenance
- Road Maintenance (Potholes, Signs and Catch basins)
- Dump, Garbage and Re-Cycling Care
- Riverbank and Public Swimming Location Maintenance
- Tree Trimming and Removal
These are just a few of the services provided for and within our community. Throughout the year the staff and summer students are busy maintaining and upgrading our First Nation. We also had the opportunity to work with some of our partners (rock crushing at our quarries, brush clearing, road care, etc.) which allowed the opportunity for some of our members to gain work experience and training.
Director of Public Works – Art Restoule
Roads Manager – Earl Restoule
Heavy Equipment Operator – Dean Dokis Sr.
Water Plant Operator – Louise Dokis
Water Plant Operator – Joe McManaman
Dean Dokis Jr.