Health and Social Services
The Health Department staff, with the leadership of the Health Director, works provide supportive services for the overall health and wellbeing of all band members with a healthy approach and environment. Programs and services include health promotion and education, social education, outreach and social supports, and mental health services. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Provide mental health and addiction services through the provision of mental health workers, counsellors and traditional knowledge keepers/healers.
- Provide support and resources as it pertains to child welfare matters.
- Provide harm reduction activities to youth, parents and community members.
- Provide medical transportation services for community members.
- Provide mental health and addictions services to adults, children and youth.
- Engage in food security, poverty reduction and providing beneficial mental health activities.
- Provide recreational activities and programs for children, youth and adults.
- Provide workshops, community events and presentations on health issues and solutions.
- Engage in health and wellness planning activities.
- Review health infrastructure and human resources.
In striving to offer comprehensive community health programs, we are mindful of cultural and traditional approaches to wellness, and also embrace new and innovative ways of delivering services. A monthly newsletter helps to keep everyone informed and up to date on the latest community events, activities, public health alerts, upcoming events as well as useful tidbits for a wide range of topics.
Health Director – Charlene Restoule
Community Diabetes Educator – Bernadette Restoule
Medical Transportation Driver – Kathy Restoule
Program Support Clerk – Denise Dokis
Mental Health Worker – Gwen Dokis
Community Health Nurse – Monica Lindenbach
Community Health Representative – Gisele Restoule
Native Child Welfare Prevention Worker – Vicki Restoule
Healthy Living & Wellness Worker – Jeremy Dokis
Community Wellness Being Jurisdiction Worker – Clarence Dokis
Family Well Being Worker – NFR