The Dokis library offers a variety of services to the community and its members. It was established in 1982 and is situated alongside the Dokis Administration Office.
Public libraries are recognized as important cultural resources and contribute to their community’s cultural landscape. Library staff are valued for the knowledge of the community they bring to the table, coupled with their commitment to nurturing local culture.
Our library cards provide access to Interlibrary loan services (borrow/order-in) books from other libraries. Each book gets a barcode and is scanned into the system; the library is networked with all the public libraries in Northern Ontario.
Contact us to find out how you can get a library card of your own and access all of our materials.
We offer the following:
- Wireless Internet (WiFi).
- Books – fiction, non-fiction, biography, true crime, young readers. A shelf designated for Native books (fiction, nonfiction, education) and another shelf just for popular authors and newer released material.
- Four (4) Windows based computers and a Workstation for anyone that wishes to use their own laptop or other equipment. Currently available is an all-in-one printer for printing/scanning capabilities.
- Collection of DVDs & Blu-Rays.
- Loan of Fishing Equipment such as GPS units.
Coming soon will be a Maker Space, where crafters can come and work on their crafting; we will provide Lego blocks for the young ones to come and work on their building skills.
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday – 8:30 to 4:30 (closed during lunch 12:00-1:00 pm)
(705) 763 2511
930 Main Street, Dokis FN, ON, P0M 2N1